Email marketing for field service businesses is a great way of improving awareness of the services you offer while staying in touch with leads and customers. Your newsletter can add value to the services you offer if you use it to educate your audience about topics like home maintenance or pest problem prevention.
The right field service email marketing campaign can deliver value for your audience, help recipients make informed decisions, and boost your sales. Here are some email marketing campaign tips that will help you get results from your service business emails.
1. Send a Welcome Email
Compared to regular emails, welcome emails are four times more likely to be opened and generate a click-through rate that is five times higher. A great welcome email is an important element of your onboarding process for new customers.
Sending an email that creates a genuine connection with the recipient will create a positive relationship and set the tone for the kind of customer experience you offer. Use an automated solution to send your welcome email as quickly as possible when a new lead subscribes.
Your welcome email should be simple, short, and straight to the point. Here are some the elements you should include:
- A short message to welcome the recipient to your email list.
- Practical information about contacting you and booking an appointment.
- A list of the services you offer.
- A few sentences that explain why a lead should consider using your services.
- Some information about what to expect from your email series.
- A call-to-action with a link to follow to contact you, set up email preferences, or another relevant action.
Here is an example of what your welcome email could look like.
Hello _insert recipient’s name_,
Thank you for signing up! You’ve been added to our email list and will receive pest prevention tips, information about exclusive special offers, and personalized service reminders.
This message gives recipients an idea of what to expect from your email list. You can continue with a special offer:
Click here to redeem a 20% coupon off your first appointment with us!
You can encourage recipients to learn more about the issues they are facing so they can make an informed decision:
Not sure what to do about your pest problem? Check out our last blog post about the most common types of pest in _insert area name_ and how to identify them.
You can use your welcome email to give recipients a reason to choose your business instead of a competition:
Do you need immediate assistance with a pest problem? Our services include assessing infected homes, pest removal, and pest prevention. Our years of expertise make us uniquely qualified to address your pest problem. Give us a call at _insert phone number_ or fill out our online form to schedule an appointment.
2. Personalize Your Emails
Marketers who use personalization in their emails see their open rate increase in 82% of cases, and 75% of them say they also see their click-through rate improve.
You can make your emails feel more personal by using a recipient’s name in your subject line or greeting. However, most marketers use recipients’ names, and you will need to go further to offer a personalized experience.
We recommend segmenting your email list so you can offer content that feels more relevant. You can segment your email list geographically so you can offer educational content that is more relevant to the pest problems that are common in different areas.
You can also create groups based on previous interactions with your business. Create a group for new leads who haven’t used your services yet, so you can send them an email series that introduces your services.
Existing customers would benefit from receiving emails about your special offers or personalized service reminders.
One of the best email marketing tips we can give you is to put personalization in the hands of subscribers and give them the possibility to choose what kind of emails they want to receive from you.
3. Email Marketing and Social Proof
You can use email marketing to share social proof that will establish your credibility. Here are different strategies you can use to put social proof at the center of your email marketing campaign:
- Feature reviews from customers. Since 97% of consumers read reviews for local businesses, featuring positive reviews will help recipients make an informed decision.
- Celebrate landmarks with your recipients, for instance, by sending an email with data about the number of customers you helped this month.
- Write case studies about helping customers. Write about an issue your audience can relate to, and explain how you solved that issue.
- Talk about your background, expertise, credentials, and experiences.
4. Write Reader-Friendly Copy
It’s easier for your recipients to read your content and retain information if you write at an 8th-grade reading level. On average, recipients spend a little over 11 seconds reading an email. The best way to get your message across is to keep your email short and make your content easy to skim.
Here are some tips you can use to write reader-friendly copy for your emails:
- Use bullet points to summarize important information.
- Use headers and sub-headers to make your content easy to skim.
- Use bold fonts or colors to draw attention to an important sentence.
- Visual content, like photos and videos, will make your emails more engaging.
- Write an attention-grabbing introduction, either by stating what recipients will get from reading the email, or sharing an interesting fact that makes recipients want to keep reading.
- Keep your sentences and paragraphs short.
- Start a new paragraph for each new idea.
- Make your call-to-action immediately noticeable.
- Write an appealing subject line and preview text to improve your open rate.
5. Share Limited-Time Deals
Using emails to share coupons or information about limited-time deals is a great way to deliver value. In fact, receiving exclusive offers is an incentive that will convince visitors to subscribe to your email list.
Your emails should make the offers easy to understand and redeem. You can create limited-time offers to create a sense of urgency and encourage recipients to take action.
It’s also important to share deals that feel relevant to your recipients, which is why you should segment your email list.
WorkWave Agency offers a comprehensive field service management solution. From delivering effective email marketing tips to providing fleet management solutions, we can assist you with every stage of your business. Book a demo to find out more about our software solutions!