Did you know that for every dollar you invest in route planning and GPS tracking, you’ll see three times the ROI? So, if you’re frustrated with planning your routes by hand and want to get back time, you should be thinking about investing in route planning software. When you’re managing a team of drivers, customer requests, and day-to-day operational tasks you can rely on Route Manager to simplify your day.
WorkWave Route Manager makes your day easier by planning routes faster, with an easy-to-use tool that makes it possible to gain control, maximize productivity and increase customer satisfaction.
As last mile complexities grow with customer demands, stop and ask yourself “What am I actually saving by planning my routes manually?”You might be surprised that your investment will not only increase your overall efficiency by 30%— it will open up opportunities for expansion and provide you with a competitive advantage.
Here are some of the ways that manual route planning could be costing your business time and money:
- Messy paperwork and documents: How much time are your drivers wasting by filling out paperwork, typing addresses into their navigation, or fielding calls from the office?
- Trouble planning last minute requests: Are you able to plan on the fly by adding or removing stops? How are you passing along the details to your drivers?
- Chance for human error: Post-it notes and email requests are bound to get lost in the shuffle without a tool helping you to keep track of it all.
- Limited visibility: After your drivers leave for the day, how are you staying connected to their delivery status?
- Poor communication: How are you sending updates to your drivers? If your only form of communication is by phone, not only is distracting your drivers on the road inefficient and is unsafe.
- Customer satisfaction takes a backseat: On-time arrival is important to customers. Are you able to deliver to your customers expectations – or – provide real-time ETAs?
- Lack of reporting and analysis: At the end of the day, do you know how your routes were executed? Did your drivers arrive on time? Did any orders need to be rescheduled?
- Inability to react and replan: With unexpected issues that can impact your plan (like traffic, parking, or on-demand requests) you need to be able to re-plan your day fast otherwise you’re likely to fall behind, risk efficiency, or have unhappy customers.
WorkWave Route Manager can drive a 30% ROI from day one. Here are just some of the ways it can save you time and reduce costs:
- Increase driver productivity and accountability: Build an optimal plan and then give your drivers the tools to keep them running on schedule! Route Manager’s iOS and Android app navigates drivers to stops (powered by Waze, Google Maps, or any navigation app), collects proof of delivery, syncs updates back to the office and more. You get instant updates on locations, arrival times, and visibility if they are behind schedule – all without having to pick up the phone.
- Make real-time changes: We all know that the “perfect” plan can sometimes get thrown off by things out of your control. That’s why it’s important to have a tool in place that can dynamically plan and adjust your routes in real-time. WorkWave Route Manager will make all of the adjustments behind the scenes and syncs updates to your drivers’ app! So feel free to add stops on the fly (because Route Manager will let you know which driver has availability)- or if a customer cancels you can remove or reschedule an order (and Route Manager will notify your driver via the app).
- Instantly save 30% on overhead costs: Less mileage, less drive time, less wear and tear on your vehicles, and less time planning. The savings all add up! When you build your route plans with a SaaS solution, you can work smarter and focus on strategy, growth, and maybe even take a coffee break.
- Serve 20% more orders: WorkWave Route Manager will intelligently plan your vehicles to capacity (you can define the loads by any metric like: weight, pallets, totes, etc.), reduce idle time and drive time so drivers are more productive, and find the most efficient way to serve all of your orders. This means you can plan more stops for your drivers in the same eight hour day – or choose to use less resources.
- Scale for growth: When you are ready to expand to a new operation or add another vehicle to your fleet, you need to be agile. Using a SaaS tool allows you to easily scale and keep up with growth. You can also utilize our open APIs that sync right into your order generating system (such as CRM, OMS or ERP systems).
- Gain 24/7 Visibility: Compare the planned route vs. actual route with reliable and accurate GPS tracking. You can choose between vehicle hardware or mobile phone tracking as your GPS tracking device and follow your driver’s activity with detailed breadcrumb trails. You’ll see turn-by-turn how they executed the route, the speed they were traveling at, and can even enable driver safety monitoring and scoring. See more, know more, do more with accurate GPS reporting and activity tracking.
- Automate reports and analyze KPIs: Build the plan, dispatch to your drivers, and then analyze performance. Review metrics like on time arrival rate, idle time, total skipped orders, and more to help you make data driven decisions. With on-demand access to reports you’ll gain valuable insight and can take action where needed.
Solving Your Route Planning Problems with Technology
Manual route planning might get the job done now, but it quickly becomes a complicated project that takes hours to complete. With route planning software, you can instantly save time and money in addition to added benefits like: collecting digital proof of delivery, confirming live ETAs, and dynamic planning.
Here are just a few ways you can work smarter when you start using an all-in-one route planning software:
We make getting started easy and compliment your existing workflows. You’ll be up and running with Route Manager within a day so you don’t need to worry about long implementation or disruption. From day one, you can easily optimize your routes and will be able to put your focus on managing your operations. Our smart route technology does the heavy lifting for you — helping you work smarter, facilitate growth, and keep your customers satisfied.
Need more information? Schedule a tour of Route Manager to learn how you can improve master your route plans, maximize productivity, and delight your customers.